If you have a fascination of the legal system and you would like to be a part of it, why not consider becoming a court reporter? California has a wealth of court reporting schools and is home to some of history’s most fascinating court cases. You can study on campus in wonderful cities like Los Angeles, San Diego, San Francisco, or even from the comfort of your own home with and online degree course. Come to the Golden State, your future starts here.
As a California court reporter, you will:
- Transcribe court proceedings
- Assist trial attorneys and judges
- Find information from official records
- Prepare and manage documents
Some career figures for court reporting professionals in California:
- Average annual salary: $76,990
- Currently employed: 1,940
- Employment outlook: 14% Growth over the next ten years
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
California Court Reporting Schools Enrolling Now