As a court reporter you will be involved in a wide range of interesting legal cases. Maryland has acclaimed court reporter schools in cool cities like Baltimore and the DC Metro Area. You won’t be short of things to do in your spare time when you can visit the home of Edgar Allen Poe or go and see the Orioles or Ravens play. It you don’t have time to take classes on campus, you can enroll for an Internet course and study online. Find out more from the schools listed below.
As a Maryland court reporter, you will:
- Transcribe court proceedings
- Assist trial attorneys and judges
- Find information from official records
- Prepare and manage documents
Some career figures for court reporting professionals in Maryland:
- Average annual salary: $39,500
- Currently employed: 2,400
- Employment outlook: 14% Growth over the next ten years
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Maryland Court Reporting Schools Enrolling Now